2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup blackberry, blueberry, raspberry or cherry jam
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp salt
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees
2. Prepare muffin tin, cooking spray layered degan.
3. In a large bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all-pupose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix.
4. In another bowl, combine eggs and brown sugar, beat until smooth. Add the buttermilk, orange juice, oil, and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
5. Pour the mixture into the flour mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir it all up and gently mixed.
6. Pour mixture into muffin molds, up to a half high. Add butter and almond extract, place in the middle of muffin batter. Then add more batter to cover the muffin top.
7. Sprinkle with almonds, then sprinkle with sugar. Then bake in oven until golden brown.
8. Remove from mold and serve.