Ingredients For The Loaf Cake Base:
100 ml milk
175 g softened butter , plus extra for greasing
175 g golden caster sugar
140 g self-raising flour
85 g ground almonds
1/2 tsp baking powder
Ingredients For The Elderflower Drizzle:
4 tbsp elderflower cordial
4 tbsp white or golden granulated sugar
[Source: BBC Good Food]
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 160C degrees.
2. Prepare the baking pan, cover with baking paper.
3. To make the loaf cake batter: In a bowl, mix butter and sugar, beat until smooth. Then add eggs, flour, almonds, milk and baking powder, and blend again until smooth.
4, Pour in pan, and bake for 45 minutes or until golden. Let the cake remain in the pan.
5. With skewer, prick all over the cake.
6. To make the drizzle: Mix sugar and elderflower cordial, then pour over the cake entirely.
7. Once completely cool, gently and carefully remove cake from pan, and serve sliced.