1 (3-to 4-pound) roasting chicken, cut into pieces
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup apple cider
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 sprigs basil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
1 small onion, diced
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp peeled, chopped fresh ginger
1 tbsp curry
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ch
Freshly ground black pepper
[Source: Gourmet Kosher Cooking]
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then roll in the flour. Pat to remove excess flour.
3. Heat olive oil in a saucepan, over high heat. Enter the chicken pieces and cook until browned.
4. Add onion, garlic, shallots, and ginger. Saute for 2 minutes. Then add the sherry and apple cider. Cook a few minutes, then add broth, curry, chili paste and basil. Bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat, cover with pan lid, then insert it into the oven, let stand for 20-30 minutes.
6. Remove chicken from pan, place in serving dish. Pour the sauce already in thicken.