16 ounces spaghetti pasta
1 pound thick-cut bacon or pancetta, chopped
2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced
1 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 cup red wine
4 tbsp basil, chiffonade
3 tbsp garlic, minced
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp red chili flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
[Source: Food Network]
How To Make:
1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
2. In another saucepan, put bacon and fry until crispy. Remove and drain.
3. Remove 3 / 4 bacon fat from pan, then add olive oil, garlic and chili flakes. Cook until onion transparent. Then add garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, then deglaze with wine.
5. Enter the pasta into the tomato mixture. Add basil and bacon. Add parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.