8 boneless chicken breasts
2 scallions (white and green parts), sliced diagonally
1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
1/2 pound asparagus, ends removed, and cut in thirds diagonally
1 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted
Good olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients For The Dressing:
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup good apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
3 tbsps soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsps dark sesame oil
1/2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp peeled, grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
[Source: Stylish Cuisine]
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
2. Oil a rimmed cookie sheet. Place the chicken breasts on it, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Cool the chicken and chop it into bite-sized pieces.
3. Blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain.
4. Cut the peppers into thin strips about the length of the asparagus pieces.
5. Combine the cut chicken, asparagus, and peppers in a large bowl.
6. For the dressing: Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the chicken and vegetables. Add the scallions and sesame seeds and season to taste.
7. Serve cold or at room temperature.