2 packages refrigerated crescent-roll dough
1 package pot cheese or cream cheese, softened
3/4 can cherry pie filling
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsps all-purpose flour
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
How To Make:
1. In medium-size bowl, stir pot cheese, sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla with a wooden spoon until well blended and smooth.
2. Heat oven to 375F.
3. Unroll one package of the crescent-roll dough and separate dough into four rectangles. On a lightly floured work surface, cut each rectangle in half crosswise, making two squares. Pinch together any perforations or holes in dough, then stretch two opposite corners of each square slightly to lengthen the dough and form the flaps that will enclose the filling. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
4. Spoon 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture diagonally onto center of each square, at a right angle to stretched corners. Top with about 1 tablespoon pie filling. Fold one of the flaps across mixture. Fold other flap across, overlapping first flap.
5. Brush each Danish with egg-water mixture. Sprinkle with some of the almonds. Continue making Danishes with remaining dough, cheese mixture and pie filling, including the second package of dough. Brush with egg-water mixture; sprinkle with sliced almonds.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool.