8 slices bacon
8 green onions, divided
4 large baking potatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
How To Make:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
2. Place potatoes onto a baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour.
3. While potatoes are baking, place bacon slices into a large deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat. Turning once, until the bacon is crispy. Drain on paper towels. When the bacon has cooled crumble it into small pieces. Set aside.
4. When potatoes are done remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh (leaving about 0.25″ of the flesh still inside) into a large bowl. Save the skins.
6. Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of cheese, 1/2 of the green onions to the scooped out potato. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
7. Spoon the mixture into the potatoes skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions, and bacon.
8. Place back into the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 350F.